Be part of our story!
Rakonto is a story whose pages are still being written. We need everyday people to sponsor workshops by subscribing to our monthly storybook program, and schools or communities to invite a facilitator to host a workshop!
Monthly Storybook Subscribers
All Rakonto workshops are funded by the patronage of our storybook subscribers. You can bring a child-authored storybook into your home, and we'll use all of the proceeds to fund the education of students in more underserved communities.Monthly Subscriptions
Bring a Rakonto facilitator into your school or community! Doing so will strengthen the confidence and expressive power of your students and bring innovative pedagogical practices into your community. All of this at no cost! Learn more or request a workshop here:Hosting a Workshop
Volunteer a Hand
Anyone who'd like to help strenghten Rakonto's impact can pitch a hand in any of the following tasks, as well as many others.
Contact us and tell us about your skills and we will be thrilled to find you a worthwhile role as a volunteer!
Sample tasks for a volunteer:
- provide content for a blog or monthly newsletters
- generate and promote social media bits
- learn and deliver Rakonto storytelling workshops
- transcribe stories from photos to text
- translate stories (Hindi, Spanish, Simplified and traditional Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Swahili, French, French creole, Urdu, Arabic, Hebrew, Tamil, Gujarati, Sindhi, Sinhala, etc.)
- prepare the manuscripts for new stories
- introduce us to communities, schools, administrators, or teachers who may like to host a workshop